Followers

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas Gift #2 for My Sister

Happy Thursday everyone!!  This is the kids last week of school before the holiday break. They are out early today and Friday because of Final Exams. Then Bailey will be headed off to California on Christmas Eve morning. I'm so sad she is leaving me at Christmas.. it really stinks!!  We are thinking of opening gifts the day before Christmas Eve so that we can do it with her. We will keep talking about it and see. Maybe we just let her open hers? I just don't know. Maybe I should just make her wait until she gets back! LOL  I can't decide.

Tomorrow I am working from home.. I have so much to do. I have a lot to try and get done before next Wednesday so that none of the bills are past due. So, I'll be busy at work tomorrow. Friday night I am having dinner with my previous boss. She was the best boss. I'm so happy to get to see her.. really looking forward to it! Other than that, this weekend I will be coloring, creating and working on Christmas gifts. I have a lot to do in the next week!

Okay... on to today's project to share with you:










This is a Jim Holtz idea-ology Assesmblage Clock. This is also another gift for my sister. My sister has really gotten into Scuba Diving. She has gotten certified and traveled to different places to dive. So, I thought of her for this. I wanted to give it an under the sea theme with a Scuba Diver. I painted the clock that blueish color. I've added netting and shells and sand dollars and starfish to the outside. I added the charm hanging off a bit of chain. At the bottom of the inside I have added sand. All of the other pieces are made out of clay. I made porcelain clay and used my acrylic paints to color it. I had so much fun with this clay! I've asked for some tools to help me create some other things. I even made a little pendant for my youngest with her favorite bands emblem. Okay... back to the clock! I've colored up some fish and sea creatures with my copic markers. Some of them are found from the web and others are from Drawn With Character. The background and Scuba Diver are from The Paper Shelter. I also used some Diamond Glaze to add bubbles and to cover the mask of the Divers helmet. I had a lot of fun making this. I think I could have done more, but not too bad for a first try I guess! I hope she likes it :)

Challenges:


24 comments:

cheiro urgia said...

This is absolutely adorable!
I'd never guess this was your first time and I'm sure your sister will love it, no matter when and where you let her open the gift :)
Funny I'll have the opposite situation with my sister this year, I'll go visit her as she's working through the holidays and can't make it home - I can't believe it's only a couple of days to go!

Hugs, V

Amy Cohen said...

Such a thoughtful and creative gift. Simply stunning work. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Amy Cohen said...

Hi Susan, It's Amy again...I always enjoy your beautiful work. Your creation is going to melt your sister's heart, for sure. Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Mynn xx said...

What a SUPER fun and fabulous creation! I LOVE the sea theme--and the different textures are awesome! Your coloring is totally fabulous, too! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Cross Stitch Claire said...

What a fantastic gift, very clever! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

María Pilar said...

Nice and great job! Thank you for joining us at Retarte 67.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Maria Pilar (Stampartpapel DT)

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Hi,

Wonderful Creation. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
DT Creatalicious Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely creation RFS Craft Rocket Challenges Lis DT

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Great project, thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Pink Unicorn said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous your sister will love it! I can't believe you even made some of the embellishments yourself. You are very talented putting this thing together. Such a thoughtful gift. Thank you for playing with us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge , “Anything Christmas Goes”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, HJ DT, InvisiblePinkCards

Pink Unicorn said...

Sorry, in the above I meant to say Thank you for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge, “Anything Goes”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, CGE DT, InvisiblePinkCards
Sorry for the confusion!!!

Lisa J said...

Great gift and so thoughtful! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT CCC Digi Creations

Margaret said...

Love your project. I sympathize with your problem. When my brother was in the marines in WWII, he had to leave on Christmas Eve to go back. We all opened our gifts on Christmas Eve morning. We were all okay with that. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Pat said...

Susan, I love your altered art! Very ingenious! Now I'll be on the lookout for old alarm clocks! LOL Thanks for sharing your project at Your Scrapbook Place!

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow what a unique project... love the undersea action going on...Thanks for joining Craft Rocket Challenge!

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...


What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together a fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way, we are so lucky you have entered our art by miran challenge
so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant project love all the little embellishments and details and sounds perfect for your Sister-Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations
Carol DT x

crafty-stamper said...

Hi Susan just popping back to say------Thank you for joining us at Crafting With An Attitude
Carol DT x

Bettina L. said...

Just love the altered clock with the sea theme. Thanks for sharing at Lemon Shortbread. Hope to see you back for our new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

Jo Ann said...

This is totally great and a fantastic idea. So delighted you blessed us with your project during our two-week Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. We started a new Challenge today and I hope you'll join us again. Leaving you with God's Word in 2 Corinthians 5:17-18 which says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:" Have an awesome New Year!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super cool Susan! Love all the different elements you used to decorate the clock!
Thank you for joining our December Anything Goes Challenge at Great Impressions.
Wishing you a Prosperous & Happy New Year!
Ruza ~ GI Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Jacqueline Muller said...

Nice creation!
Thanks for joining the Sisters of Craft Challenge and a Happy New Year!
Hope to see you next challenge.

Hugs, Jacqueline ~ DT

Pon Malar said...

Cute & pretty, such an unique ocean scene ♥♥

Unknown said...

Preciosa Manualidad! gracias por participar con nosotras en Retarte de Stampartpapel!