Followers

Saturday, August 15, 2015

GeArS gEaRs GeArS!!.

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm hoping to get some crafting done today. I need to do a little bit of work at some point today as well. I'm running out of cards to show though! It takes me such a long time to color and create a card. Oh well! Even if it takes me a long time, I do enjoy it so much! I'm so happy that I have been able to create again. I was beginning to think that my creativeness would never come back!

Kevin and his dad did a day trip to North Carolina yesterday and they were gone all day. And Kevin has been begging me to make this meal with Spaghetti Squash, but I hadn't been able to find the recipe. While they were gone yesterday I really looked hard and I eventually found it. When I did I ran out to the store to grab the ingredients and made that for dinner to surprise him. This is a recipe from a Bariatric blog and she has some amazing recipes on there.  While I worked, I cooked.

Friday was a busy night too. Michael had work right after school. I ran him to work and then came home and finished the dinner. Bailey wanted to go to the first High School home football game at Allatoona High School, so I ran her there. Then it was waiting to pick everyone up. Kevin and I watched the MotoGP practice sessions while we waited and I worked on a card. I have to multi task LOL!

Here is what I have come up with for today!







I love this image. It has been colored up in my drawer for a while. I know I colored her with Copic Markers, but I do not know which ones. The background was cut with the Silhouette Cameo. The gears border and the individual gears are dies that I cut. Then I took those and used Bronze Embossing Powder to cover them. I used metallic tape around the edge of the card and around the rectangle in the center. I added some additional gears on the inside. No sentiment on this card.

Challenges:


16 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is fabulous! Love that image and the gears background and embossed gears on the border and inside are stunning. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Jacee said...

Stunning design Susan
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

NanaConnie said...

Fabulous steam punk, Susan! I'm loving all those gears. :-D I'm back from my two weeks of travels with only intermittent internet connection and am now trying to get caught up on visiting all my favorite blogs. I'm already so far behind from trying to leave comments on everything that was posted while I was gone -- it's impossible! Hope you'll forgive my just browsing and not commenting on each and every post. :-D

Michelle said...

Fantastic this card. I like the lots of gears on it.
Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
Hope we see you again and good luck in the draw.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Tracy Welham said...

Fabulous card, I love that you carried the theme into the inside too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

Fabulous - thanks for sharing for August at Silhouette Challenges

Judy Woodland said...

Well, I would say you are excellent at multi-tasking. You are also excellent at coloring, your image is GORGEOUS!! Also love the gears, including the background cover plate. Awesome card!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Denise Goeldner said...

Fabulous steampunk creation, love your work. Thanks so much for joining us over at A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge Blog
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}
{Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

Amy Cohen said...

Fabulous...just adore the steampunk look...I love all your metallic and copper colors. Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Planetsusie said...

Oooh I love your card Susan - I will have to try and find out where the cutting file for the background came from - it's amazing. What a great image as well, so beautifully coloured. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar ('Bingo') Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Jackie C said...

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful artwork at Paperbabes, hugs, Jackie DT member. I love me some Steampunk!

Jo Ann said...

Wonderful project and love the die-cuts. I'm so happy you joined our Challenge last week and would like to invite you to join us again with our Challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Just want to share God's Word to you coming from 1 Peter 1:24-25 which says, "For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever." And this is the word that was preached to you."

Have a blessed day!
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful Steampunk card and I love how you've colored her hair. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Jacee said...

Back again with my DT hat on this time, thanks for joining us with your lovely creation in this months challenge at Paper Creator, hope you’ll come and join us next time too, good luck!
Hugs Jacee ---- Paper Creator Design Team
Simply Paper Card Design

Jo said...

Fabulous make....love the gears. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

I have a birthday candy on my blog if you'd like to join in.....
You can find my candy here