Followers

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Use A Digi @ One Stitch At A Time

Happy Sunday everyone. I hope you all are having a really nice weekend! We had storms go through on Thursday evening. We lost power for a little bit and a tree in the yard broke at the top. No major damage or anything. I took the kids to the movies on Friday around noon.. they were going to see Fast 6. When we got back home at 1 pm or so, we had lost power! I spent the next few hours trying to find a good place to connect back into work, which I did. We didn't have power until after 7 pm. It was really strange because we had power after the storm all the way to midday the next day and then nothing LOL Oh well.. at least we got power back and all is good. They were some really strong storms, a lot of rain and wind! I hope the rest of you did all right through the storms if you had any go through!

Yesterday, Kevin and I were going to go see a movie. We always go to the 10:30 am movie, because there isn't much of a crowd. We went and the parking lot was full today! So, we changed our mind and went back home LOL Maybe next weekend! It is the opening weekend for Superman and I should have known it would be that way! LOL Kevin went for a ride instead, we watched Oz the Great and Powerful.. it was okay, and then later in the evening we went out and and he had a coffee. I just needed to get out for a bit. It has been a nice weekend. I have been coloring.. LOL Thats the usual ;)

This week we have Challenge #168: Use A Digi over at One Stitch At A Time. For this challenge I used a Stitchy Designs Image - So Sorry. I love this little fairy!! Here is my card:



I colored the image with Copic Markers. I added some glitter to her wings and gems to the sentiment on the front and the centers of her flowers in her hair. The papers are all from Basic Grey and this is from a 6x6 pack: Kneehighs. Love these papers! I used one of my edge punches on the green.

Copic:
Hair - B01, B02, B04, YG01, YG05, YG07, YG09
Flowers and Dress Petals - RV02, RV04 RV06
Leaves and Dress Leaves and Shoes - G12, G14, G19, G29
Stamen - Y13, Y17, YR18
Skin - E000, E00, E01, E11

Challenges:

18 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

This is such a pretty card for such a sad occasion. Love the way you have colored the great image!!!

Hazel said...

She's a real little cutie and you've made a super card with her. Hazel x

Colette said...

Perfect image for a sympathy card, thanks for playing along at Paper Creator, Colette xx

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I especially like the way you colored the digi hair. Your creation has a wonderful artsy look to it. 'Artsy' is a word I picked up from my daughter who is the true artist in my family.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
OSAAT DT

Creative Genie said...

What a perfect image for such a sad time. Your coloring is so lovely. Nice card, Susan! Thanks for sharing with us on CDAC!!

Christine - CDAC DT

Karon said...

Such a pretty card and perfect image! Wonderful colours and layers. TFS

CraftyGirl said...

She really does look super sorry!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your Sister OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

snappy scrappy said...

Great colouring!...thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!

Karen Letchworth said...

SO super cute, Susan. Thanks so much for sharing this with us and I really hope that you're having a blessed week. I appreciate having you play along with us!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

My Creative Therapy said...

Love the vibrant colors! Hopefully will cheer the recipient. Great image and so beautifully colored. Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
Kathi
DT Member

Mimi said...

Lovely Susan, totally love the colouring on the hair - think I should have mine done like that Hugs Jane, OSAAT DT

Sarah said...

What a beautiful image, and such pretty shimmery wings. Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

Lau W said...

So pretty card, wtih superb colors !
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge !
xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really pretty card, love the colours you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Denise@DigiHaven said...

Lovely card and beautiful colors! Thank you for joining us at Digi Haven for our 1 Yr. Anniversary challenge.

Beverly Steele said...

i love the image you used and the bright colors great job!

Mary Marsh said...

pretty card and love the bling on the wings-thanks for joining in with us at the Great Impressions Stamps June “sparkle” challenge.

Samantha Casey said...

The coloring is stunning! Amazing job, thank you for joining the Oozak Challenge!

-Samantha