Followers

Monday, September 3, 2012

Today I'm Thankful For...

Today I thought of starting a notebook. I thought of starting a notebook that each day I would write at least five things I'm thankful for. My goal is to really put some thought into it and how my day went and write these down. I need to focus on the positive, which I do really well most of the time. I do some times fail at this though and this will be a good way to keep it at the forefront. I will keep the journal next to my bed and fill it out each night.

Today I am thankful for finding the most amazingly talented and inspiring people on blogs. Have you seen Madalina at Quilltique Paradise?? If you haven't... you should!! She amazes me with the art she creates using just paper. She posted her very first project today.. Just go take a look.. she is really amazing. I enjoyed looking at some of her amazing art today :) She is inspiring!

I am thankful to all of the wonderful people out there that listen and help to put things in perspective for you. Friends you have never met in person, but always stop by to encourage and support you. They stop by your blog to just let you know you have created something beautiful or to lift you up when you are down in the dumps. You all are amazing!! And I appreciate every one of you.

I am thankful for all the wonderful people out there that aren't ashamed to shout it out to the world that they love Jesus Christ and aren't ashamed to say it! I wish it happened more and I appreciate all of you that shout it out to the world.. or create something in his honor. It is so beautiful!!

I am thankful for my adorable, cuddly, loveable cat Whiteout. I love that he wants to be close and lay on your chest. I love that he comes up and rubs his face across yours. I love that he is an affectionate cat and he makes me smile.. even when he talks back after getting in trouble for being on the counter LOL!

I am thankful for Bailey being so excited about playing the Viola. So excited that she has already broken a string!! LOL But the important thing is that she excited to learn, excited to play and I love seeing her that excited about something in the arts! I told her that if she keeps it up she will playing up there with the rest of the church group that plays :)  They have all kinds of instruments up there! I would love to see her up there playing one day.

I am thankful for the time I get to spend with Kevin on Skype. It has been so hard being so far apart for so long. And even though we aren't there yet, I know that we are getting closer. I know that there are people at church praying for us to be reunited.. I know we are in your thoughts and prayers as well and I am thankful to all of you for that. I hope he comes home soon, but right now I'm glad I get to see him and talk to him each day.

Here is all three of my kids.. Taylor, Michael and Bailey.. many many years ago at a school 50's themed dance. The journaling is in the envelope. The squared embossed and little jewels around them. The paper was old Club Scrap paper. Can't believe how small my kids are.. Bailey is so LITTLE!!! And Michael.. Dancing?? LOL What the heck! There is no way he would do that now LOL

Hope you all have a great rest of your day / night! Happy crafting!!



8 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

That is such a good thing to start. There really is a lot to be thankful for! And I'm for one really thankful to have met you through these teams! You are really an inspiration!

Unknown said...

(((hugs))) to you lady! Keeping those prayers going for Immigration to get in touch with you. Kevin needs to be be home where he belongs!!

Karon said...

Susan - what a wonderful inspiring post. Thanks for sharing this. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed (ouch!) that you will hear something soon. Hugs, Karon

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Keren Tamir said...

What u are doing is amazing. I agree there's lot to be thankful for!!!

Quilltique Paradise said...

Ohh..what should I do now huh??if u thank me..ahh it makes me feel good and.well inspiring.ahh i feel though i don.t deserve to be there with all ur loved ones but I feel honoured..Thank you..Here I was coming to congratulate u on winning at MIM last week and I find this..You are very kind..I appreciate all ur words..

Ohh..u have such beautiful kids.and i wish Bailey good luck with the Viola..always wanted to learn how to play..heheh.Also I.m keeping my fingers crossed that you and Kevin will reunite soon enough.

This is such a beautiful post..very inspiring. there are indeed many things to be thankful for..and it makes me thinking too..I do have many thanks to give too..heheh.
Good luck with ur journal..its seems like a great idea.

You definetly made my day.Thanks

*hugs*
M.
http://quilltiqueparadise.blogspot.com

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful post Susan. We should all be thankful more often than we are. You are also an inspiration to me as well as a lot of others. Great Scrapbook page. joann sassy raggedy

Kevin said...

yep , i am thankful for Susan being there for me always

cardmaking bird said...

Susan - what a fab, fun scrap L/O, it's amazing how quickly our children grow up, hey?!? And I really enjoyed reading your post, very positive and inspiring and such a nice idea. Lastly, thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments, I really appreciate it and hope to 'see' you again soon. Hugs, Marie xx